In 2021 the Organic Field Days will be returning on the 5th and 6th of June, with new exhibitors and events in store. The Organic Field Days are a meeting point for professionals in the fields of organic and conventional agriculture and for consumers interested in the sector. This is where farmers find out about the latest developments in land technology, plant cultivation and animal husbandry, while consumers can trace the path of their food from field to plate and enjoy the wide variety of products available from regional organic farmers.
Next year's visitors will find over 150 exhibitors from all spheres of agriculture. You can find out more here.
- There will be presentations on machinery and technology for soil cultivation, irrigation, wine-growing, grassland and compost management, plus threshing and harvesting technology.
- Displays of new and traditional breeds and varieties
- Crop rotation cycle – demonstration of crops with their humus balance and nutritional balance
- Soil testing with open soil profiles
- Multi-year fertilisation trial
- Animal-friendly husbandry and grazing systems
- Animal show with rare breeds
- Farmers' market, seedling exchange and demo kitchen
- Range of specialist lectures and seminars specifically for producers and consumers
- Workshops on subjects to do with agriculture, leisure and cooking
- Hints & tips for organic gardeners
- Children's programme including play area, puppet show, face painting and lots more
You can find more information here.
BIO-LANDGUT ESTERHAZY (Esterhazy Organic Estate) Seehof 1 | 7082 Donnerskirchen | Right on the B50 between Donnerskirchen and Oggau am Neusiedler See. Coordinates: 47.868011, 16.652952
From Vienna (Schwechat) Airport:
approx. 50 km to the Esterhazy Organic Estate, about a 45 minutes' drive.
From Bratislava Airport:
approx 70 km to the Esterhazy Organic Estate, about a 54 minutes' drive.
From the north (Vienna):
on the A3, at the Eisenstadt junction, take the S31 towards Eisenstadt / Neusiedler See, then the B50 towards Neusiedl am See, at the roundabout take the 2nd exit.
From the north-east (Bratislava):
D1, A6 Bruckneudorf junction, A4 Neusiedl am See exit, B50 towards Neusiedl am See, at the roundabout take the 3rd exit.
From the east (Budapest):
M1, A4 Neusiedl am See exit, B50 towards Neusiedl am See, at the roundabout take the 3rd exit.
From the south:
S 31 towards Vienna/Eisenstadt, B50 towards Neusiedl am See, at the roundabout take the 2nd exit.
From the west:
S4 towards Eisenstadt/Mattersburg, S31 towards Eisenstadt, B50 towards Neusiedl am See, at the roundabout take the 2nd exit.
From the railway station at Donnerskirchen:
via the Neusiedl am See cycle path (3.5 km)
From the railway station at Schützen am Gebirge:
a shuttle service will be arranged (3 km)
> 70 hectares (700.000m²)
agricultural machines live in use
samples of organic varieties
"Next Generation" children's area
programme items on the events programme